Sunday was our 15th wedding anniversary and the following was written to me as part of a gift from Christmas. I love you Matthew...
Elizabeth, you make me happy. Don’t give up on me, it is only with your support and love that I’ve been able to come so close to figuring out how I fit here and who I am. Each of our children and the unique effect they have on me can be summed up into how I feel about you. You make me laugh, you make me proud, you make me smile…you make me happy. I am finally more grateful for what lies ahead than I have ever been regretful about what remains in our past. That may be why your name means “my God is abundance”; you are so grateful for today and tomorrow, moving ever forward into happier, brighter times and away from sad darkness. Thank-you for what we have built together and thank-you for what we will build together in the years to come. I love you.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
wow. one of the best things in life is working through it with someone, because you get moments like this where things seem to fall into perspective. congratulations. i envy your 15 years, but i look forward to my fresh start. that letter made me get some wet stuff on my eyes as it says so many of the things in my heart as well. only not about you, about my husband. :O)
that is really wonderful. thanks for sharing that.
you can see that your love has increased in the last year or two. you guys seem more in love and content and happy than i've ever seen you before. just a little outsider's perspective:)
I was sad to miss you today:(
Oh my, he's a definite keeper. It's such an amazing thing to find someone who feels that way about you. It's good that you published that and you can go back and read it on days when he's driving you NUTS!
LC
Post a Comment