skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Split Personality
Having PMS is like ...having two personalities. I feel like an alien has possessed my body and taken over. My poor family...they don't even know what hit them. I am so mean, moody, crabby, defensive, secluded. I'm trying to figure out why God made this part of me...whats the purpose? Last week I was happy, joyous, affectionate, loving. Isn't that how he wants me to be? Maybe the purpose is introspection...it makes me look at myself and figure out whats important, figure out who I am and what I want. I do know I don't want to feel this way and I'm sure my family would concur.
7 comments:
My theory on PMS. You know when God creates Adam and Adam is asleep? When He introduces Eve, He says, "Adam, AWAKE..." I think PMS is God's way of reminding Adam to AWAKE! "There's someone here that is created to help you and she needs your aknowledgement and attention!"
Also, it's healthy to get away from everyone. PMS helps your family not feel bad that you are away, they are happy to give you your time out, just make sure to take it before things get too out of hand.
There is opposition in all things. You wouldn't recognize how valuable it is to be happy and loving if occasionally you weren't. Don't worry, they can take it. (This is much easier to say when you have good meds! :) )
My PMS is lessened, not gone, but lessened, when I get GOOD sleep, eat protein instead of intensely craved sugar and stretch as well as exercise. I think the stretching helps because of the breathing.
Breathe deep, Pray, listen to some sad music or something so you can get a GOOD CRY and CALL ME!! You can vent about the same damn stuff every month and I won't care.
Take care!
Love kate
Thank you for your lovely comment left on my blog. Have fun getting your Chrissy Tree this weekend. My daughter keeps asking why we don't have snow at Xmas...I made her a promise yesterday that someday we will...we'll visit the Northern Hemisphere for a White Christmas. Merry Christmas...
I'm glad you found me too! I always like happening upon a new bloggie-friend.
Praying that God lifts you up out of the emotional "pits" - He was faithful to me yesterday, and I ended the day in MUCH better spirits than I started out.
seriously. I know. sigh.
Eli, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get it alongside you every time. Yet, if that's the price we have to pay for the passion...so be it.
Um, yes. I have PMS right this very moment and I feel so out of sorts. So NOT myself. Not the person I hope to be or become. Arggghhh.
Wow, Katie is really smart.
LC
Katie is my amazing sister whom I adore and love very much-she is very smart and should be a life coach. She is not afraid to let others know her weaknesses-it helps her vent and helps others. She really is amazing!
Post a Comment